What is coaching?
It is a process of accompaniment whose objective is to increase the client´s awareness, rethink their objectives and generate actions to achieve them. It seeks change, learning, discovering and developing one´s own potential to improve knowledge, performance and quality of life.
What is it for?
A coaching process is recommended for those who want to achieve a specific objective, a challenge that contributes to their personal growth.
It can also be applied as a complement to psychotherapy in a multidisciplinary intervention, helping to introduce new habits or improve some aspect of relationships, such as communication.
How does it work?
- The client is responsibile for achieving their objectives. It is based on the premise that the client has resources or can obtain them.
- The starting point is the client´s motivation for change.
- Coaching uses questions to increase awareness, which help the client explore their own beliefs, values, strengths, and limitations.
- An essential part of the process is action, i.e., putting into practice what was agreed in each session.
- It is a process of change and learning, which allows the person to develop and optimize their way of functioning, to operate with greater prominence, creativity and proactivity.