What is coaching?
Coaching is a process of accompaniment whose objective is to increase the client´s awareness, rethink their objectives and generate actions to achieve them. It seeks change, learning, discovering and developing one´s own potential to improve knowledge, performance and quality of life. In our psychology center in Barcelona we offer coaching sessions by licensed psychologists who received extensive and offcial training in coaching.
What is it for?
A coaching process is recommended for those who want to achieve a specific objective, a challenge that contributes to their personal growth.
It can also be applied as a complement to psychotherapy in a multidisciplinary intervention, helping to introduce new habits or improve some aspect of relationships, such as communication.
How does it work?
- The client is responsibile for achieving their objectives. It is based on the premise that the client has resources or can obtain them.
- The starting point is the client´s motivation for change.
- Coaching uses questions to increase awareness, which help the client explore their own beliefs, values, strengths, and limitations.
- An essential part of the process is action, i.e., putting into practice what was agreed in each session.
- It is a process of change and learning, which allows the person to develop and optimize their way of functioning, to operate with greater prominence, creativity and proactivity.