Medication can be an important help for some patients during their psychotherapy process.
What would be the situations that could benefit from psychopharmacological treatment?
- depression or depressive symptoms
- binge eating disorder
- emotional lability
- some personality disorders, etc.
At the Art Clinic we offer complementary pharmacological support to your psychological treatment thanks to our teamwork philosophy.
Treatments for obesity
Obesity is not a disorder and does not require treatment. However, some people who want to lose weight for medical, psychological or other reasons may want pharmacological support to help them in this process. Depending on each person, we can recommend one type of treatment or another. In addition, excess of weight can be related to some medical problems such as diabetes or hypertension and finding a combination of drugs that best suits each person can be key in the complete treatment of the patient.
At the ART Clinic we work in a multidisciplinary team with the aim of offering complete help to our patients. Apart from psychological treatments, we can also help you from medicine and nutrition. A medical evaluation may be necessary if you suffer from an eating problem, or medication may be an important support to complement psychotherapy if symptoms are difficult to manage. If you work with a nutritionist in our clinic, you can count on the medical review of the work you are doing, recommendation and interpretation of analytical tests and internal process consultations. Depending on the situation, your therapist or nutritionist may recommend that you request a session with the doctor for pharmacological support.
How does it work?
- If you are already in psychological treatment with us and you want us to help you with the medication, discuss it with your therapist, book a follow-up medicine session and fill out the medical form if you have not already done so. We will take care of discussing your clinical history internally as a team. The treatment will be complementary.
- If what you are looking for is pharmacological support without being in therapy with us, book a first medicine session so that we can collect your clinical history and prepare a pharmacological treatment plan. Before the visit, fill out the medical form.
- Contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
- Check here the prices and conditions.